Wednesday, February 13, 2019 10:00 AMEnds on:
Wednesday, February 13, 2019 4:00 PMWhere:
Lafayette Library and Learning Center at Oak Room
IRS-certified Tax-Aide volunteers provide free federal and state tax preparation for low-moderate income Contra Costa County residents. One-on-one preparation sessions are offered from Feb 13-April 13.
AARP membership is not required, and this service is offered to people of all ages, with special attention to those aged 50 and older.
One appointment per tax return can be scheduled; please call the library at 925-385-2280 to register.
- Social Security cards for yourself, spouse, and dependents.
- Photo ID for yourself and spouse
- Prior year's tax return and supporting documents
- 2018 documents showing any income received (wages, pensions, Social Security, interest, dividends, IRA distributions, state tax refunds)
- Broker statements and cost basis of stocks, bonds, or real estate sold in 2018
- Evidence of deductions such as medical/dental expenses, property taxes, vehicle registration, mortgage interest, charitable contributions, etc.
- Evidence of medical insurance coverage
- Social Security numbers for child care providers and recipients of any alimony or spousal support you paid
- Blank check from your checking account, if you want direct deposit or to set up an electronic payment