Limited Capacity: 50 spots available
The 2021 Wildland Fire Season is HERE!There are a number of things residents can be doing to prepare for the 2021 wildland fire season. Our June CERT Monthly Meeting will include a presentation from Moraga Orinda Fire District's Fire Chief Dave Winnacker on a range of topics including:
- What are the homeowner’s vegetation management responsibilities beginning June 1, 2021?
- Updated MOFD Fire Code. While not all of the updates apply to residents in Lafayette, many of the new rules for Orinda and Moraga should be considered for all.
- Changing conditions have fire officials concerned about the growing issue of tree mortality in Lamorinda. What’s dying? How bad do officials expect things to get? What can residents do to avoid the hazards dead and dying trees will present this summer.
- Community Wildfire Prevention Plan
- Firewise Ambassadors Program
- What do residents need to know evacuation protocols, emergency notifications and maintaining situational awareness?
- CWS Alerts
- Lamorinda’s Community Evacuation Portal and the “Know Your Zone” campaign
- We also have set aside some time for questions from the participants
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for the event.A Zoom link will come out the weekend before. Please register early. Last minute responses may not get the Zoom meeting information in time.